Based on the institutional setup of the Kotayk Project, an integrated solid waste management system of the Kotayk and Gegharkunik Regions will be applied through the establishment of an inter-municipal organisation (company owned by shareholders representing the largest 7 urban communities of Kotayk Region and 5 urban communities of Gegharkunik Region) with the following key responsibilities:
- operation of regional sanitary landfill in Hrazdan
- operation of waste collection trucks for servicing the rural communities in the Kotayk Region
- operation of 2 transfer stations (“TS”) in the Gegharkunik Region (Gavar TS and Martuni TS)
- operation of waste transfer trucks for delivery of waste from Gavar TS and Martuni TS to the Hrazdan Landfill.
- CO2 savings
- Dumpsite closures
- Future cost recovery tariff introduction